2.5 cups of nutty wheat flour
2 cups of bran
1 cup of brown sugar (I like treacle)
2.5 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
2 table spoons of ground flax seed soaked in a little water for 10 minutes (This is an egg replacer. You can also substitute with 2 mashed up bananas or 30ml of white vinegar or egg replacer that comes in the box)
Half a cup of sunflower oil
2 cups of soy milk (you can use almond milk or whichever milk you prefer)
1.5 cups of raisins
Small hand full of pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease your muffin pan.
2. Dry roast pumpkin seeds till lightly browned. Watch carefully and turn often. It happens very quickly on high heat.
3. Combine the flour, bran, sugar, bicarb and raisins in a large bowl.
4. In a second bowl, mix the flax seed mixture/egg replacer, oil and milk
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until combined into a batter.
6. Fill each muffin holder in the pan 3 quarters full and sprinkle a few roasted seeds on top, press them in lightly with a back of tea spoon.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
Unicorn Café is the exclusive supplier of Beauty Without Cruelty merchandise and delicious plant based delicacies, pantry products, clothing, recipe books and environmentally friendly alternatives for daily living.